22-24 June 2013
Saturday – Monday, 8am-6pm all days
with Cristin Tighe
Teacher Training Immersion 1-3
A certification course for parents, yoga & schoolteachers, therapists, nannies/crèche staff, and anyone who wants to GIVE CHILDREN THE GIFT OF YOGA
RCYP 1: Giving Children the Gift of Yoga
RCYP 2: Growing in Awareness, Living Your Practice
RCYP 3: Heart & Soul Work with Children
This insightful 30-hour program, as developed by Shakta Kaur Khalsa, is designed for all yoga levels/traditions and for all levels of experience with children. Certificate of completion given after at-home Practicum, and your own teacher listing on www.childrensyoga.com and www.kidsandyoga.com. Course recognized for CECs with public schools, therapy organizations, and Yoga Alliance. Course is 50% lecture/interactive activities, 50% practice and serious fun!
For working with children:
- Guidelines for teaching children of all ages from babies to teens
- Exploring a variety of breathing and mediation practices
- Brain-balancing yoga and Brain Gym skills
- Yoga in Motion songs, movements, games, dances that children love
- Practical tips for keeping the class focused and engaged
- Time to collaborate with others to create a unique yoga presentation
- Practical tools for keeping class focused and engaged, for every situation that arises
- Setting up children’s yoga business/classes
- Yoga for Special Needs, SPD, ADD, Autism
- Adapting yoga for schools
- Development of children’s energy field and chakras
- Yoga teachings about children, including the four phases of a child’s life
- One-on-one mentorship with Cristin
For you as their teacher/parent:
- Powerful yoga and meditation practices to become fully present to yourself and the children in your life.
- Practice conscious communication skills, such as Deep Listening and Engaging Cooperation
- Time for sharing and networking with others
- Keeping yourself centered no matter what!
Materials at 30% off retail price (value 220$US/145£):
Level 1: RCYP Manual, Fly Like A Butterfly: Yoga for Children book, and Children’s Yoga Songs & Meditations CD
Level 2: Happy and Cozy CDs, Deeply Relax & Meditate CD, Yoga in Motion DVD and workbook
Level 3: Heart & Soul Work with Children Manual and Present Moment Awareness CD
Cristin Tighe, RYT-500, RCYT, RPYT, MEM, MA, is the Founder of Kids & Yoga! (www.kidsandyoga.com). She also formerly owned Spiral Flight Yoga in DC, and founded Ghana Yoga! (www.ghanayoga.com). She teaches Kundalini Yoga, as taught by Yogi Bhajan, and is a Trainer for Kundalini Research Institute’s International Teacher Training program. She has advanced training in Conscious Pregnancy and Relax & Renew Restorative Yoga. She’s taught children’s yoga since 2003, and offers Radiant Child Yoga Teacher Training in Africa, Europe and the US. She is also certified by Itsy Bitsy Yoga (Babies, Little Families, Tots & Tykes), Next Generation Yoga, Samarya Center for Integrated Movement Therapy, Yoga 4Teens, Y.O.G.A. for Youth, Yoga Ed. (K-8 & Tools for Teachers) and Yoga for the Special Child. She’s a Yoga Alliance Registered Teacher and International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association member.
Questions to Cristin (in US): firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-202-276-3521 US mobile
Course Payment: includes 3-level immersion, Certification & all materials (valued at 165€). 600€ early bird discount by 15 May, 650€ after. To receive CDs (instead of downloading music), add 30€. Registration Closes 31 May. Payments directly to Radiant Light Yoga, www.radiantlightyoga.be. Group discounts possible! If you need financial support, email for work-exchange/scholarship option.
Location: Radiant Light Yoga, Pierebeekstraat 13A, 2610 Wilrijk, Antwerp, Belgium (not far from Brussels), +32 494 664526, email@example.com
Registration Form: http://www.kidsandyoga.com/teachertrainingregistration.html
Please register using the form above, and for more info read Cristin’s blog post about what really goes on in a joyful kids’ yoga class here >