The Nabhi Kriya (nabhi refers to ‘navel’ and kriya refers to a set of exercises) is a set that was given by Yogi Bhajan and forms part of the education of all level 1 Kundalini Yoga teachers (KRI).
Kundalini Yoga sets very often include repetitive movements, and this set is no exception. The repetition of the movement allows one to get used to the movement, to find a rhythm to the movement that suits the individual, and then to shift into the felt sensation. In other words, to be less in our judgemental thinking ‘am I doing this right?’, and to move more into the actual experience of the movement in the present moment.
The intention of this workshop is to learn deeply about the physical as well as the subtle aspects of this kriya. The ‘background’ includes information relating to:
- anatomical and movement information (relating to the exercises featured in the kriya);
- learning the physical movements of the kriya;
- subtle energy of the 3rd chakra;
- subtle energy of the breath;
- subtle energy of mantra.
The practice section of the workshop will include:
- a video guided warm-up to lengthen the hip flexors and strengthen the back of the body, to balance the emphasis of the strength-building of the front abdomen featured in the kriya;
- an audio guided practice of the kriya including deep relaxation;
- a guided meditation;
- a closing blessing.
We will offer a Q&A session with the workshop teacher, Kristen MacPherson, via Zoom. If you are not able to attend the session, you will be able to view the video of the session.