A certification course for parents, yoga & schoolteachers, therapists, nannies/crèche staff, and anyone who wants to give children the gift of yoga.
Teacher Training Immersion Levels 1-3 on 17-19 July 2016 (8:00-18:45 each day, Friday starts at 11:00)
RCYP 1: Giving Children the Gift of Yoga
RCYP 2: Growing in Awareness, Living Your Practice
RCYP 3: Heart & Soul Work with Children
This insightful 30-hour program, as developed by Shakta Kaur Khalsa, is designed for all yoga levels/traditions and for all levels of experience with children. Certificate of completion given after at-home Practicum, and your own teacher listing on www.childrensyoga.com and www.kidsandyoga.com. Course recognized for CECs with public schools, therapy organizations, and Yoga Alliance. Course is 50% lecture/interactive activities, 50% practice and serious fun!
What you will learn for working with children:
• Guidelines for teaching children of all ages from babies to teens
• Exploring a variety of breathing and mediation practices
• Brain-balancing yoga and Brain Gym skills
• Yoga in Motion songs, movements, games, dances that children love.
• Practical tips for keeping the class focused and engaged
• Time to collaborate with others to create a unique yoga presentation
• Practical tools for keeping class focused and engaged, for every situation that arises
• Setting up children’s yoga business/classes
• Yoga for Special Needs, SPD, ADD, Autism
• Adapting yoga for schools
• Development of children’s energy field and chakras
• Yoga teachings about children, including the four phases of a child’s life
• One-on-one mentorship with Cristin
For you as their teacher/parent:
• Powerful yoga and meditation practices to become fully present to yourself and the children in your life.
• Practice conscious communication skills, such as Deep Listening and Engaging Cooperation
• Time for sharing and networking with others
• Keeping yourself centered no matter what!
Trainer: Cristin Tighe, RYT-500, RCYT, RPYT, MEM, MA, is the Founder of Kids & Yoga! (www.kidsandyoga.com).
She also formerly owned Spiral Flight Yoga in DC, and founded Ghana Yoga! (www.ghanayoga.com). She teaches Kundalini Yoga, as taught by Yogi Bhajan, and is a Trainer for Kundalini Research Institute’s International Teacher Training program. She has advanced training in Conscious Pregnancy and Relax & Renew Restorative Yoga. She’s taught children’s yoga since 2003, and offers Radiant Child Yoga Teacher Training in Africa, Europe and the US. She is also certified by Itsy Bitsy Yoga (Babies, Little Families, Tots & Tykes), Next Generation Yoga, Samarya Center for Integrated Movement Therapy, Yoga 4Teens, Y.O.G.A. for Youth, Yoga Ed. (K-8 & Tools for Teachers) and Yoga for the Special Child. She’s a Yoga Alliance Registered Teacher and International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association member.
Questions to Cristin (in US): email@example.com or +1-202-276-3521 US mobile
Cost: includes 3-level immersion, certification & all materials (valued at €165): €600 early bird discount by 15th June, €650 after. Registration closes 1st July. To receive CDs (instead of downloading music), add €30.
Click here for registration and payment